Here are the steps for new development.
- To see if your project is located in the Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District, see the map.
- If your project is not included in Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District, see the inclusions page.
- Meet with the District Manager to see if main extensions are required.
- Have a professional engineer licensed in Colorado prepare construction plans.
- Submit plans to District Manager for review.
- Address comments by way of resubmission until plans are approved for construction.
- District will submit plans to Denver Water for review and approval.
- District’s engineer will schedule preconstruction meeting with all necessary parties.
- Before preconstruction meeting ten copies of approved water plans must be submitted to the District. The developer’s engineer is responsible for providing approved plans by Denver Water.
- Submit project information to district.
- Start construction.
- Denver Water Tap Stub In Agreement must be signed off by Lakehurst and payment made to Denver Water. Forms may be obtained at Denver Water or Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District.
- Pay Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District tap fees.
- Run laterals to building; have Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District do inspection before backfilling.
- Pay Denver Water tap fees and submit copy of Denver’s receipt to Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District.
- Submit approved Denver Water Soil Amendment here.
- Call Lakehurst Water & Sanitation District to set meter.
For additional District requirements and information call the District Office.